the edge of summer: a playlist ♫

Friday 23 September 2016



As yesterday marked the official day of the autumnal equinox (for the UK anyway), it has already instilled in me, a feeling of nostalgia for summer.

I used to have a sense of dread towards summers; a heavy lethargy that would hold onto me. Yes, it meant a break from school routine, but it always slipped into another one.

This summer was different, because I didn't travel abroad which I have been lucky to in the past, or to anywhere new for a long period of time. So I initially felt that I wouldn't have a lot to do, but I actually proved myself wrong. When talking with a good friend recently (#heyjj), I realised that I did make a lot more effort to go to new places and to meet up with people this summer, than I have previous summers, or even previous years. I think finally being finished with sixth form, and other marked endings, has made me realise how time is so important.

So I compiled a playlist, to remember a summer that was so good to me.


~


It was really difficult to select songs, so I picked 31 songs to represent 31 days, and I generally tried to pick more 'soft-sounding' songs (my vocabulary is so extensive). There's indie, alternative, chillwave, etc, and there's no specific order to listen to these songs. I did listen to a lot of other new music and different genres this summer, but I meant for this playlist to sound somewhat transitional.


If you want to listen to it, I created a Spotify playlist and a YouTube playlist, so hopefully one of them is convenient for you. I hope that you find something you like. x






(sidenote: if there are missing songs on my Spotify playlist, it's probably Dan & Drum - Lester and Tom Misch - Before The Rising Sun but they should all be there on YouTube)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground